Ahhh That Structural Sound
November’s LARUG Meeting will be held at KPFF Consulting Engineers, and hosted by KPFF and Thornton Tomasetti.
Wednesday, November 16th 2011 6pm
KPFF Consulting Engineers
6080 Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045
(Across from the Howard Hughes Promenade)
Parking is available for 2$ after 4PM across the street at the Howard Hughes Promenade.
FORM AND STRUCTURE
Best Revit practices for the Architectural/Engineering workflow
These two structural consulting firms team up to present the engineering side of the story: to answer questions from the Architectural, Structural & MEP community concerning methods of collaboration.
- Methods of collaboration:
* What do you want our model to be, from the architectural perspective?
* Level of design, authorship
* Linking issues, who shows what , and when
* How do we extract architectural information from their model, and vice versa?
If I have a wave style roof what do I do?
How do I discover in the architectural model the mass form and extract it for use in the Revit mass editor?
How do I interact with Rhino mass shapes to best advantage importing and exporting from Revit?
How do I best add structure to these forms in such a way that they could be edited and flexible through the design process?
- KPFF will present a hospital project in San Diego
- Thornton Tomasetti will show the new Rose Bowl Press Box addition
- Other subjects of interest related to the projects:
* Rhino to Revit Techniques
* Masses and adaptive components
* A short video on Buildings Skins from a structural point of view
* When to use 3d rebar
So we’ll see you at this LARUG-Before-AU. Bring colleagues and ask a lot of questions, as this is an exciting opportunity to get solutions from some people that have been there before…Also if you are attending AU please bring any questions or comments you may have regarding that as well…we will J